Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Numbers Are In

Okay, so I survived my first meeting back on the program. I'm in love with my leader. She's originally from South Africa and has this awesome accent. She could probably read the phone book at the meetings and I would listen. 

Anyway, onto the business at hand. So according to Weight Watchers (WW), a woman of my height (which is 5 foot 6 inches) should weigh anywhere from 124 to 155 pounds. Just to meet the high end of that range, I will have to lose 79 pounds. And yes to all of you math geniuses out there I did more or less just inform all of cyberspace what my weight is. Since the conception of this blog, I struggled with whether or not I was going to put it out there. I struggled actually right up until this very second. But I figured since one day I will be featured in the "success story" section of WW Magazine or the "weight loss" issue of People magazine (on stands now by the way), I would have to share it anyway seeing as they literally just put those three numbers out there in black and white (for the rest of us who are inept at math) for the whole world to see.

Now WW doesn't take this whole goal setting thing very seriously ... yet. In fact I don't have to set a goal until I have reached my 10% weight loss. And they let you set pretty much any goal you want ... within reason of course. Reason being once you've reached your goal and have maintained it for two months (I think), you no longer have to pay to come to meetings (as long as you stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight). One idea I've been kicking around is screwing the whole number system completely and going with just a clothing size. I'm currently a size 20 and wouldn't mind being a size 14. Did you know that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14? One of the sexiest women of our time and in today's society she would be considered fat. I suppose that's another topic for another day.

For today my next goal to focus on is obtaining my 5% which is 11.7 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment