Monday, January 3, 2011

My Weight-loss Cocktail of Choice Is...

Weight Watchers. Here I sit on the eve of my first meeting back (we won't go into how many times I've attempted this) feeling a tad optimistic. It's do-or-die time! Why did I choose Weight Watchers? Let's put it this way ... the whole trying to lose weight thing? Not my first rodeo! I am a seasoned veteran.  I've tried everything from the very weird (I once heard Fergie did a shot of apple cider vinegar before every meal) to the very trendy (who didn't think living off of eggs and bacon every morning was the most awesome diet ever?) to the pill popping (so I drop dead of a heart attack at 25; I'd look good in the ambulance on the drive over to the hospital). 

So, are there diets that I haven't tried? Sure! I'm too poor to attempt Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig. I know people who have and have been successful on it ... until faced with the reality of rejoining a society where you can't walk into any restaurant and order a Jenny Craig/Nutrisystem meal off the menu. For me Weight Watchers is the logical choice. I like to eat. Scratch that last statement. I LOVE to eat, and I don't like being told not to have certain things. It makes me want them even more. This weight loss thing isn't hard to figure out — moderation and exercise. So if it's so simple, why can't it be so easily conquered? This isn't a rhetorical question; I really want to know!  

Okay, so wish me luck! Tomorrow I face the scale, learn where I need to be headed and hopefully get armored up to kick some squishy butt!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment