Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beginners Luck?

So my first weigh in back this week and I lost 3 pounds! SWEET! So that's pretty motivating in itself.  I'm kind of hoping to lose at least a pound a week, so now I've created a nice little cushion for myself.  Although that's probably not a positive way to think!!! 

My thoughts on the program so far? Not bad. Learned a nice little lesson in portion control this week.  Monday night's dinner was taco night. I typically can chow down two tacos and a truckload of Doritos. Figured out the points for my 12 Doritos, then figured out the points for a taco and was a little disappointed that I could only have one. Kind of started out with a bad attitude that I was certainly going to starve, then after midnight sneak into the kitchen to finish off the bag of Doritos. Luckily for me I have a very distracting family, and by the time we finished dinner, cleaned up, played with my kids, bathtime and bedtime, I was too exhausted to care that I only had one taco. So I survived. Oh, and let me clarify that my tacos are about twice the size of a Taco Bell taco. So yes, I indeed was very far from starving!

Let's hope the trend continues for next week's weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment